As it turns out, May 25 is Africa Day. That is the day to celebrate the second-largest continent in the world, as well as all the people living in it and their wildly diverse cultures. It is the second-most populous continent in the world for a reason, after all. It perfectly explains why Disney is celebrating the occasion with their upcoming Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire series for Disney+. What is that, you might ask? Well, let’s find out below, shall we?
Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire ~ Details
In celebration of 2023’s Africa Day, Disney is proud to announce their upcoming science fantasy animated series Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire. In fact, they’re hyping up that announcement by giving us that key visual for the series above. The artist is actually Nigerian artist and director Shofela Coker. Peter Ramsey is the executive producer, with Tendayi Nyeke and Anthony Silverston from Triggerfish co-producing.
As for what Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire is about? For starters: it’s not a single cohesive storyline. It’s an anthology series similar in style to Star Wars: Visions. This series consists of 10 episodes by various directors from all across Africa, all with wildly varying animation styles. In fact, Disney has given us the full list of episodes and their creators to further hype up the series. You can even see Shofela Coker himself among the list of creators. You can check it out below:
Episodes and Production Staff
- “Stardust“ (Ahmed Teilab, Egypt)
- “Mkhuzi: The Spirit Racer“ (Simangaliso “Panda” Sibaya and Malcolm Wopé, South Africa)
- “Hatima“ (Terence Maluleke and Isaac Mogajane, South Africa)
- “Enkai“ (Ng’endo Mukii, Kenya)
- “Moremi“ (Shofela Coker, Nigeria)
- “Surf Sangoma“ (Nthato Mokgata and Catherine Green, South Africa)
- “Mukudzei“ (Pious Nyenyewa and Tafadzwa Hove, Zimbabwe)
- “First Totem Problems“ (Tshepo Moche, South Africa)
- “Herderboy“ (Raymond Malinga, Uganda)
- “You Give Me Heart“ (Lesego Vorster, South Africa)
Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait a bit to see what each episode is about. Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire will make its global premiere on July 5, 2023. As you might expect, this is a Disney+ exclusive. Thus, you will need a paid Disney+ subscription to watch this anthology. Tune back in to THS later to find out more Disney news when we do.