“One shall stand, one shall fall”! How great was The Transformers The Movie from 1986? So many emotions, right? That’s why anytime I see anything Transformers that is made to resemble G1 era I get excited. So, you could just imagine my excitement when I was able to find the new Hasbro Transformers R.E.D. (Robot Enhanced Design) figures on the shelf at Walmart. This wave of figures that include Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Soundwave will take you back to the early days of the Transformers.
Transformers R.E.D. G1 Figures Review
As a lifetime fan of The Transformers, I am always excited when I get to add new items to my collection. The Transformers R.E.D. (Robot Enhanced Design) G1 Figures Retail for $19.99 and are exclusive to Walmart but are also available at HasbroPulse.com. Here are my pros and cons of these figures.
Pros of The Transformers R.E.D. G1 Figures
- The R.E.D. Figures’ package art looks great and makes a good display for the in-box collectors.
- Each figure comes with many different accessories such as hands, weapons, and other items to give your figures many different looks.
- The paint and sculpts of these figures are cartoon accurate and had no smudges or blemishes from the factory.
- The articulation of these figures gives you the options for various poses. With double-jointed knees, articulated thighs and feet, and arms that can move 360 degrees, there is a lot you can do with this figure.
- At a price point of $19.99, you get a lot for the price.
Cons of The Transformers R.E.D. G1 Figures
- If you are looking for figures that transform these are not the ones for you.
- Most of the cons come from the Soundwave figure. The peg that connects his shoulder cannon is too short and causes it to fall out easily. Also, his spring-loaded cassette deck does not open well.
- The Laserbeak cassette does not transform
- Megatron’s Energon Mace spins around easily making it a little harder to pose when using.
- The hands on all the figures are kind of stiff. It is best to put the weapons in their hands before putting them on the figures.
My Final Thoughts
Again, for the price of $19.99 you can not go wrong with these figures. This is Hasbro’s Transformers version of their Star Wars: The Black Series figures. The cons for these figures are not enough for me to say stay away. These figures are a must-have for any Transformers collector. You have no choice to be taken back in time with these figures and want to watch the movie while playing with… I mean displaying them in your collection.
We Want To Hear From You
What are your thoughts on the Transformers R.E.D. G1 Figures from Hasbro? Are these a must-have for your collection? Also, what other G1 Transformers would you like to see added to this lineup? That Hashtag Show wants to hear from you!
You can tell us your thoughts by leaving a comment below or hitting me up at starwarsnerd574. You can also join me at The Toy Fanatics fan page to see the latest toy news and reviews. Also, make sure to stay up to date on all the Pop Culture news by following us at ThatHashtagShow.com.