If you are a fan of Disney’s Haunted Mansion or have been waiting to watch it at home we have some good news for you. Today Disney announced that Haunted Mansion will be heading our way on Digital and Blu-ray this October. Starring LaKeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Owen Wilson, Danny DeVito, Dan Levy, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Jared Leto; Haunted Mansion will be available on Digital on October 4 and on 4k UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD on October 17. You can check out the official details below.
Disney’s Haunted Mansion
Bring the haunt home and add Disney’s Haunted Mansion to your movie collection. The film arrives at all major digital retailers including Prime Video, Apple TV, and Vudu/Fandango on October 4 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on October 17.
Inspired by the classic theme park attraction, Haunted Mansion is “a ghoulish delight” (Aaron Neuwirth, We Love Entertainment) that “captures the spooky fun of the theme park ride with a gaggle of family-friendly humor” (Julian Roman, Movieweb).
Fans can add the film to their collection and access exclusive never-before-seen bonus features including deleted scenes, extended gag reel and exclusive featurettes. Disney+ viewers can also watch the film from October 4 when it debuts on the streaming service.
Inspired by the classic theme park attraction, Haunted Mansion tells the story of Gabbie (Rosario Dawson), a single mom, who discovers that the home she and her son share is haunted by irksome ghosts. Hoping to restore domestic tranquility, Gabbie recruits a motley crew of so-called spiritual experts to help rid the house of the supernatural squatters.
A non-stop blend of action, adventure and comedy featuring an all-star cast that includes LaKeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Owen Wilson, Danny DeVito, Dan Levy, Jamie Lee Curtis and Jared Leto, Haunted Mansion was written by Katie Dippold and directed by Justin Simien. The film’s producers are Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich, with Nick Reynolds and Tom Peitzman serving as executive producers.
- Making Haunted Mansion (13:05) Hear from cast, crew and filmmakers about creating this grim grinning adventure based on the world-famous ride. See how the ghosts were “brought to life,” what role new technology played, and how the wildly popular attraction inspired the film’s design.
- 999 Happy Haunts (7:05) There are 999 Happy Haunts inside the Disney Parks’ attraction…but always room for one more! See all the Easter eggs (well, maybe not all of them) where characters big, small, alive, departed, human and otherwise appear in both the movie and the ride.
Take a look at some moments that passed on before the final version of Haunted Mansion was finished.
- Carol (0:45)
- 1 Star (0:44)
- Harriet’s House Of Intuition (3:11)
- They Say The Place Is Haunted (1:16)
- Between Realms (1:42)
- Crump Manor (1:07)
- Emergency Baptism (1:01)
- A Good Head For Business (0:32)
- Who knew making a scary movie could be so funny!
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Are you excited about Haunted Mansion releasing on Digital, 4K UHD, and Bluray? Is this a must-have for your DVD collection? Also, what other movies or series are you looking forward to? That Hashtag Show wants to hear from you!
You can tell us your thoughts by commenting on our That Hashtag Show Facebook page. You can also discuss this and other films by hitting me on social media at NerdyVet574. Also, stay updated on all the pop culture news by following us at ThatHashtagShow.com.