The Evil Dead remake from 2013 is more so a reimagining than a strict remake of Sam Raimi‘s classic The Evil Dead. Scream Factory is bringing the film out for the first time on 4K later this month and they’ve announced the full list of special features and extras on the disc. As with every Scream Factory release, if you pre-order from their website, you get a rolled poster featuring the original theatrical artwork. Here’s the full list of bonus features on the disc.
Bonus Features For Evil Dead
- NEW 4K Transfers By Sony (Both The Theatrical And Unrated Cuts)
- In Dolby Vision (HDR 10 Compatible)
- DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
- Audio Commentary With Director/Co-writer Fede Alvarez, Co-writer Rodo Sayagues, And Cast Members Jane Levy, Lou Taylor Pucci, And Jessica Lucas (Theatrical Cut Only)
- Directing The Dead Featurette
- Evil Dead: The Reboot Featurette
- Making Life Difficult Featurette
- Unleashing The Evil Forces Featurette
- Being Mia Featurette
- TV Spots
Yes, that is both cuts of the film on the release. It wasn’t guaranteed that we’d get both of them, but thankfully, you can see the Unrated and Theatrical Cuts of the film. Outside of that, there’s not any new content coming that isn’t on previous releases. A new 4K scan for both cuts is a pretty nice bonus though. If you don’t own the Blu-ray or want to upgrade the picture quality, this is a great release to grab.
I can go on and on about the remake/reimagining of Evil Dead. In a sea of remakes that basically took the original movie and just modernized it, this one took the story of a group of people visiting an evil cabin and updated it, but also changed the tone and feel of the film enough to make it feel like it’s own thing. Fede Alvarez made a brutal and gory horror flick that almost rivals the original.
For more on Horror, make sure to check out the full 2022 Fright-A-Thon Index for all the horror content you can handle.