As I’m sure you know, the fourth and final season of Killing Eve is currently airing. I’ve been a huge fan of the series since its beginning, and I’m lucky to be getting the episodes of the final season in advance.
But let’s be honest – watching Killing Eve is a communal experience. An obsession that simply must be shared. So, in addition to sharing my spoiler-free reviews, I’m also going to start dropping my episode live blogs. (To release all my thoughts and feelings and hopefully preserve my sanity.)
Check out my thoughts while watching Killing Eve 403 “A Rainbow in Beige Boots” below.
**Note: The Killing Eve airing schedule can be a little confusing, as AMC+ subscribers are a week ahead of cable viewers. To share content for everyone and to prevent the biggest spoilers, I’m dropping spoiler-free reviews when episodes air on AMC+, and spoilery live blogs the following week when the episode airs on cable. So, this week’s content will include a live blog for KE 403, and a review for KE 404.
Killing Eve 403 “A Rainbow in Beige Boots” Thoughts
- Is this Villanelle breaking into Eve’s hotel room?
- It feels like we haven’t had a classic Villanelle disguise in a while, so this is kind of nice.
- Okay yeah this is definitely Eve’s hotel room.
- Oh damn, it looks like Villanelle came here straight from her church camp murder.
- She didn’t even change, she dipped out of there and went straight to Eve (!)
- I feel like these fish aren’t making it through the season alive…
- Eve is very nonchalant about seeing Villanelle in her hotel room which AGAIN feeds into my theory that their ~meeting up~ was happening between the bridge and 401.
- “Are you going to slap me again?” HOO BOY
- “What’s it this time?” AGAIN, my theory stands. Eve makes it seem like Villanelle just turns up pretty frequently. Right? Am I crazy?
- The double whammy this show pulled on me by making me go all soft when Villanelle asks for help but then Eve drops the absolute killer line “Why don’t you ask Jesus?” This is Killing Eve humor at its finest!!
- OKAY SHE’S JUST GONNA TAKE HER CLOTHES OFF HUH. WE’RE JUST DOING THIS HUH.
- Of course Villanelle noticed Eve’s hand is injured.
- Say what you will about the murdering, but damn if she’s not an attentive girlfriend.
- Not to be a broken record here but the way Villanelle asks to stay makes it seem like she’s done so before??? I cannot let this go LAURA NEAL WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
16. Shout out as always to the impeccable Unloved soundtrack. “Strange Effect” vibin’.
17. The way Eve dismisses her HURTS though
18. I feel like the name title cards are pretty unnecessary now. They’re not really adding or clarifying anything. I guess they just wanted to keep them a part of the show?
19. There’s nothing actually wrong with Yusef, he’s just not Villanelle so I don’t care about seeing him interact with Eve. He’s probably gonna die though so it’s fine
19. Okay, just kidding. Yusef doesn’t respect the sanctity of a Rock, Paper, Scissors victory so he’s truly as good as dead to me.
20. I’m not super invested in Pam yet, but I *do* want to see her kill her shitty brother.
21. I just said two basically innocent people should die in a row. This is what this show does to you.
22. “Fleshy ice creams” what a heinous and visual description, Carolyn, thank you.
23. From the church to therapy… Villanelle is determined to find *something* to make her good.
24. “I don’t like the way I feel” OOF
25. This therapy session is going to end me I know it
26. Uh oh, Helene’s got girlfriend drama…
27. Is Eve about to pretend to get dumped to get in with Helene’s ex?
28. MY GIRLFRIEND???
29. I swear Eve is about to do a whole “describing my ex but it’s Villanelle” thing to relate to Fernanda…
30. Yeah Pam’s brother freakin’ sucks.
31. “Hotter than potatoes” is not an expression I ever thought I’d hear in relation to a person, but you know what? I’m not mad at it.
32. “You’re going to be extraordinary, but you’re not ready yet.” Is Helene going to reverse psychology trick Pam into killing her brother?
33. HERE IT IS, SHE’S DEFINITELY ABOUT TO DESCRIBE VILLANELLE AS HER EX
34. “She only gets to play games if you play them.” I don’t like that look Eve has right now! Sure don’t like it! I think she’s gonna do something I will not like!
35. “I’m a rainbow in a world full of beige people like you. No offense.” You sure are babe. You sure are.
36. Bye bye Elliot! Can’t say I’ll miss you.
37. Uh oh, now Eve knows for sure Villanelle killed again…
38. (Once again I think this is another instance of Eve being a little unfair about the whole “Villanelle kills people” thing. Like, you already saw the blood on her clothes. I know you put two and two together, Eve. It seems a little hypocritical to get upset just because now you know who it was who died.)
39. Are Martin and Villanelle sharing a Lunchable?
40. “Being a therapist is easy. I ask something you just repeat it back with a question mark at the end” lol
41. Martin says Villanelle isn’t really a psychopath!!!
42. “I stabbed him 19 times and then embalmed his body” Damn Pam. You sure don’t do things halfway.
43. Okay Helene seems actually upset that she killed him, which is not where I thought this was going.
44. Again, another *iconic* song choice for Konstantin strolling down the hall.
45. Surely Carolyn is headed into a trap with this trip?
46. Oh so Villanelle very specifically wants Eve to turn up for joint therapy huh.
47. The fact that Villanelle manages to immaturely be the mature one about their relationship really is something.
48. HERE WE GO WE’RE DOING THERAPY ABOUT EVE
49. “She’s ruined everything” literally what Eve says about Villanelle. They’re the same person your honor!!
56. This is Villanelle’s version of Eve’s S1 finale speech!! They just want to know everything about each other!! I AM HAVING EMOTIONS!!!
57. “In our bones we understand each other” HHHHHHH
58. EVE IS HERE. I REPEAT. EVE IS HERE.
59. Couples therapy let’s gooo they need it so badly
60. PLEASE SHE’S PRETENDING TO HOLD MARTIN HOSTAGE
61. HOLY SHIT SHE DROPPED HIM
62. IS MARTIN DEAD?
63. THEIR *FACES*, I’M DEAD
64. Okay he’s fine. False alarm people.
65. I take it back, THIS scene was peak Killing Eve humor.
66. I see the outfit and the couch from the trailer it’s time for the scorpion and the frog handholding drama!!
67. There’s less than five minutes left of the episode where is this going??
68. OKAY again not to be back on my bs BUT now Villanelle’s “they hook up” seems even weirder in context because she’s been in such a serious mood? What are you really referencing Villanelle?
69. She’s taking Eve’s hand so gently I CAN’T
71. I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS
72. WHEN WE FIRST MET
75. EVE YOU DIDN’T
77. EVE WHY
78. Villanelle looks so betrayed HELP
79. I take back everything good I said about the soundtrack. Unloved you’re not supposed to make me suffer like this HOW DARE –
80. Does that board make it all feel worth it Eve?
81. “I think you owe me dessert” OKAY
82. Not Villanelle back in prison!!!
83. I am Suffering
So, what did you think of “A Rainbow in Beige Boots”?
Which sent you into a bigger spiral – Villanelle being honest about her feelings in therapy, or Eve’s betrayal? Did you have any favorite moments I missed? What are you hoping for in episode 4? Let me know in the comments below.