If you missed it in theaters—or just want to experience the magic again—get ready. Disney’s Encanto arrives on VOD and Blu-ray soon!
The animated feature tells the tale of the Madrigals, an extraordinary family living in a magical house in the mountains of Colombia. But when Mirabel, the only ordinary Madrigal, discovers the magic surrounding their home is in danger, she may be her family’s last hope. The film features music by award-winning composer Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Encanto will release first on Disney+ and video-on-demand platforms December 24. Later, the movie will get a physical release February 8.
The 4K UHD and Blu-ray editions of Encanto will feature exclusive bonus features, deleted scenes, a sing-along version of the film, and more. Check out the full list of bonus features below.
Encanto Bonus Features
Songs & Sing-Alongs
- Encanto Sing Along – Sing along with your favorite songs with on-screen lyrics as you watch the movie.
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics.
- Familia Lo Es Todo – Members of the Disney Animation “Familia” cultural trust share real-life experiences in this exploration of the lovable Madrigal family members. We learn what inspired each character, and about how the artists’ designs bring realism to their personalities.
- Discover Colombia – The filmmaking team discusses how Encanto expresses the multiple cultures, biodiversity, and vibrant colors of Colombia. They describe how satisfying it was to fully celebrate this beautiful country and support the theme of magical realism.
- A Journey Through Music – The filmmakers invite us to discover how each character came to be represented musically. We follow the creation of Encanto’s Colombian-inspired music, featuring Lin-Manuel Miranda’s songs and Germaine Franco’s score, from concept to final recording.
- Let’s Talk About Bruno – Learn how the song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” with its intriguing undertones, was created. Discover the extensive collaboration between Lin-Manuel Miranda, choreographer Jamal Sims, the voice cast and animators in bringing it to the screen.
- Our Casita – La Casa Madrigal is alive with magic, and its emotional state is affected by other family members. From its colorful doors to its fine stonework, the magical house was designed using principles of Colombian tradition.
- Journey to Colombia – With the help of the Colombian Cultural Trust, a dedicated team of consultants, the filmmakers of Encanto embark on a journey of discovery to learn more about Colombia and how best to reflect the country’s cultures and environments on the big screen.
- Introduction – Heads of Story Jason Hand and Nancy Kruse present four scenes not seen in the film’s release, but were part of the journey toward the final version of the story.
- Chores! – Abuela sends most of the family to town on various assignments that bring them acclaim… While Mirabel, her father and uncle are asked to clean the house.
- Another Way In – Mirabel attempts to understand a clue found in her uncle’s vision. To make this happen, she must go through Antonio’s room, where adventures unfold.
- Isabela Goes Into the Woods – When Mirabel sees her sister head for apparent danger in the woods, she races to save her, and encounters the surprise of a lifetime!
- Back to the Mural – Feeling rejected, Mirabel goes back to town. Abuela seeks her out and reveals a part of her personality that her granddaughter has never seen.
… and more!
- An Introduction to Far From the Tree – Writer and director Natalie Nourigat introduces the Walt Disney Animation Studios short film Far From the Tree.
- Far From the Tree – Parenting is hard, especially when curiosity tugs at a young raccoon whose parent tries to keep them both safe. In the Walt Disney Animation Studios short Far From the Tree, this youngster learns to live with an open heart… even as danger lurks.
- Outtakes – From the thrill of “nailing” a take in the presence of an entertainment industry icon to the hilarity of losing a wrestling match with tongue-twisting dialogue, join the cast for some good-natured fun from behind the microphone.
Encanto arrives on Disney+ and VOD platforms December 24. You can purchase a physical copy of the feature, including the above bonus features, starting February 8.
So, will you bring home the magic of the Madrigals? Let us know in the comments below.
Meanwhile, check back to THS for more Disney updates.