Square Enix and Deck Nine Games’ Life Is Strange: True Colors is out now. This new iteration of the game takes us to a brand new location, a brand-new story, and gives players completely new powers to use.
Coming later this month on September 30th, the game’s DLC, Life Is Strange: Wavelengths will be released. This special DLC is the prequel to Life Is Strange: True Colors, and takes us into Haven Springs for a year-long adventure with Steph from Life Is Strange: Before The Storm:
Life Is Strange: Wavelengths Details
Step into Steph’s booth as the all-new radio show host for KRCT: Haven’s best – and only – radio station. Over four seasons, discover more about Steph’s past and her relationships as she makes her mark on the record store, uncovers its secrets – and decides her future.
- LIVE ON AIR: You’re the DJ: choose records for the playlist, ‘ad lib’ your way through local commercials, and help Steph compose an original song.
- ROLL THE DICE: Give D20-powered advice to callers with problems both serious and mundane, GM a tabletop RPG, and reach out to reconnect with an old friend.
- SMALL TOWN PRIDE: Swipe left or right on Steph’s dating app matches, and join Steph as she reminisces about formative Prides past.
- A ROOM OF HER OWN: See the record store change over the seasons as Steph asserts her personality, and discover its hidden history and surprising spaces as you explore.
- ALL-NEW SOUNDTRACK: Hits from Girl in Red, Alt-J, Portugal, The Man, Foals, Hayley Kiyoko, Maribou State, and more set the tone for Steph’s journey, each packing an emotional punch.
And for those who either need a refresher about Steph, or will be playing their first Life Is Strange game, this video from a few months ago will be perfect to check out:
And this past weekend, the official Life Is Strange Twitter Account posted something pretty awesome:
What’s amazing about this is when the Wavelengths trailer was originally released, there were a few different D&D references sprinkled in it. But this is pretty amazing to see that within the game and the Life Is Strange universe the prominent character is just like us Critters.
What’s also interesting is that both the store and Steph’s dating profile will change based on her decisions. But there will also be small shoutouts to Critical Role that fans will be to fins within the record store and her dating profile.