After a few delays, Disney+ finally kicked off their Marvel series. Now they’re earning not just fan buzz, but critical acclaim as well, as WandaVision pulled in nomination after nomination today.
The first Disney+ MCU series earned a total of 23(!) Emmy Award nominations. This places it as the second-most nominated series this year, falling behind only The Mandalorian and The Crown, tied at 24 nominations each.
WandaVision’s nominations include Outstanding Limited Series, as well as three acting noms for the leads: Best Actor for Paul Bettany as Vision; Best Actress for Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda; and Limited Series Supporting Actress for Kathryn Hahn as Agatha.
The excellent music, special period costuming, and visual effects on the series also grabbed some well-deserved nominations. You can check out the full list of WandaVision’s Emmy nominations below.
- Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series
- Elizabeth Olsen for Outstanding Actress in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
- Paul Bettany for Outstanding Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
- Kathryn Hahn for Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Anthology Series or Movie
- Matt Shakman for Outstanding Directing For A Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
- Outstanding Writing For A Limited or Anthology Series or Movie (3 episodes)
- Chuck Hayward and Peter Cameron for “All-New Halloween Spooktacular!”
- Jac Schaeffer for “Filmed Before A Live Studio Audience”
- Laura Donney for “Previously On”
- Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-Hour)
- Outstanding Casting For A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie
- Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
- Outstanding Period And/Or Character Hairstyling
- Outstanding Period And/Or Character Makeup (Non-Prosthetic)
- Outstanding Main Title Design
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Limited Or Anthology Series, Movie Or Special (Original Dramatic Score)
- Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music
- Kristin Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez for Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics for “Breaking the Fourth Wall/Song Title: Agatha All Along”
- Outstanding Music Supervision
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie (2 episodes)
- Nona Khodai, ACE for “On A Very Special Episode…”
- Zene Baker, ACE, Michael A. Webber, Tim Roche, and Nona Khodai, ACE, for “The Series Finale”
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Limited Or Anthology Series, Movie Or Special
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Season Or A Movie
Though WandaVision raked in the nominations, it wasn’t the only Marvel series getting attention. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier also scored five nominations. These included several for stunts and VFX, as well as an Outstanding Guest Actor nom for Don Cheadle.
On the other side of the Disney sphere in a galaxy far far away, The Mandalorian once again proved an awards favorite. The Star Wars series earned 24 nominations total, including one for Outstanding Drama Series.
Other genre TV favorites earning Emmy nominations this year include Amazon’s The Boys and HBO’s Lovecraft Country. (The latter pulled in 18 nominations, despite HBO recently cancelling the series.)