Even though COVID-19 cancelled San Diego Comic-Con this year, event and content creators alike have rallied to create a new experience for fans.
SDCC 2020 is now Comic-Con@Home. As the name suggests, all convention events will now take place virtually via the Comic-Con website and YouTube channel.
While it won’t be exactly the same experience fans know and love, there is a silver lining. Without the physical limitations of the convention space, fans all over the world can now participate in Comic-Con for free. (As someone who has yet to secure a pass from the SDCC lottery, that’s pretty exciting news.)
The Comic-Con@Home event will be held during the original dates for SDCC, July 22 – 26.
Traditionally labeled a “preview” day, Wednesday’s lineup isn’t full of your favorite shows and movies. Still, it looks like a lot of interesting topics will be covered. And once again, the content will all be free to stream from the comfort of your own home. Why not try something new?
Full Comic-Con@Home lineup for Wednesday, July 22
- Comics in the Classroom Ask Me Anything: Pick the Brains of Teachers, Administrators, Creators, and Publishers
- GeekED: Re-storied: Re-imagining creative privilege
- Teaching and Learning with Comics
- The Power of Teamwork in Kids Comics
- Books for All: It’s Time to Redefine How We Share Books With Kids
- Comics as a Conduit
- GeekEd: “Watchmen” and the Cruelty of Masks
- License to Thrill: Graphic Novel Adaptations for Kids
- Make Programming Your Superpower!
- Conspiracy Theories and Propaganda Throughout Pop Culture
- GeekEd: College and the Nerd Mind
- New Kids Comics from Eisner Award Publishers
- Words and Pictures Working Together: Strategies for Analyzing Graphic Texts
- Comic-Con Celebrates 15 Years of Eisner Librarians
- Comics on Campus: Fandom at Academia
- Spirit Skies: How to publish an International youth comic in the Age of Covid-19
- Teaching Graphic Novels Online
Comic-Con will continue to unveil daily panel schedules as we get closer to the event. Various studios and networks have also announced what panels fans can expect.