I had a chance to sit down with Meaghan Oppenheimer (We Are Your Friends), who adapted the Tell Me Lies novel into an incredible series!
When Meaghan was asked by Hulu to adapt the series, Hulu had no idea what they actually wanted. All she knew is that it was important to keep the emotional integrity of the book. So, she sat down and thought about what was important to keep and put on the screen.
It was also important for her to bring the honesty of the novel and these toxic relationships we don’t really see in film and television. It’s important to start the conversation about those moments and relationships we are ashamed of and stay in too long.
CHECK OUT OUR FULL INTERVIEW WITH MEAGHAN OPPENHEIMER BELOW!
TELL ME LIES OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Tell Me Lies follows a tumultuous but intoxicating relationship as it unfolds over the course of 8 years. When Lucy Albright and Stephen DeMarco meet at college, they are at that formative age when seemingly mundane choices lead the way to irrevocable consequences. Although their relationship begins like any typical campus romance, they quickly fall into an addictive entanglement that will permanently alter not only their lives, but the lives of everyone around them.Official Synopsis
The series stars Grace Van Patten, Jackson White, Branden Cook, Sonia Mena, Catherine Missal, Benjamin Wadsworth, as well as Alicia Crowder.
The full release schedule for Tell Me Lies on Hulu is as follows:
- Episodes 1, 2, & 3 | September 7
- Next, Episode 4 – Take Off Your Pants and Jacket | September 14
- Episode 5 – Merry F*cking Chrismas | September 21
- Episode 6 – And I’m Sorry if I Dissed You | September 28
- Then, Episode 7 – Castle on a Cloud | October 5
- Episode 8 – Don’t Go Wasting Your Emotion | October 12
- Episode 9 – Sugar, We’re Going Down Swinging | October 19
- Finale – Episode 10 – The Bedroom of Our Friends | October 20
Tell Me Lies is now streaming on Hulu!