Can you guess the killer before this deadly cruise comes to an end? You’ll have your chance to play detective soon. Death on the Nile sails onto digital, DVD, and Blu-Ray in the coming weeks.
Based on Agatha Christie’s 1937 novel, Death on the Nile is a daring mystery-thriller about the emotional chaos and deadly consequences triggered by obsessive love. Belgian sleuth Hercule Poirot’s Egyptian vacation aboard a glamorous river steamer turns into a terrifying search for a murderer when a picture-perfect couple’s idyllic honeymoon is tragically cut short. This dramatic tale features enough wicked twists and turns to leave audiences guessing until the final, shocking denouement.
The film boasts a star-studded cast, including the return of Kenneth Branagh as Detective Poirot. (Branagh previously played the character in 2017’s Murder on the Orient Express.) The film also stars Tom Bateman, Annette Bening, Russell Brand, Ali Fazal, Dawn French, Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Rose Leslie; Emma Mackey, Sophie Okonedo, Jennifer Saunders, and Letitia Wright.
Death on the Nile arrives on digital March 29, and shortly after on 4K UHD, Blu-Ray, and DVD on April 5.
Check out the special features for the physical release below.
Death on the Nile Bonus Features
- Death on the Nile: Novel to Film – Explore the new vision for Agatha Christie’s classic novel, and how Kenneth Branagh and screenwriter Michael Green collaborated with Christie’s estate to bring a new twist to this story of love and murder.
- Agatha Christie: Travel Can Be Murder – The story behind the book connects with Christie’s own love of travel, and especially Egypt and its secrets. Her legacy continues through her family and new generations of filmmakers and actors, all at once contributing to the immortality of her novels.
- Design on the Nile – The setting, the costumes, the photography, all contribute to the Agatha Christie touch. We take a fun tour of this “ship of suspects” and learn details about the overall look and design of everything from the characters to the environment.
- Branagh/Poirot – Kenneth Branagh is a one-of-a-kind artist who can switch hats with exceptional skill, playing Poirot one moment and directing the next. This piece pays tribute to Branagh’s ability to stay connected to his cast and creative team through it all.
- The Market
- Poirot’s Cabin
- Rosalie and Bouc Outside Temple
- Windlesham Jogging
- Poirot Discusses Case
- Poirot and Bouc Approach Jackie
- Confronting Bouc and the Otterbournes
- Poirot Orders Books
So, will you flex your sleuthing skills and pick up your copy of Death on the Nile April 5?