A new Black Beauty is headed to streaming.
An updated adaptation of Anna Sewell’s 19th century classic novel comes to Disney+ Thanksgiving weekend. Check out the trailer for the movie below:
The story follows Black Beauty, a wild mustang born free in the American west. When the horse is captured, her story intertwines with that of a 17-year-old girl, Jo Green (Mackenzie Foy). Experiencing mutual feelings of grief, the two slowly develop a bond built on love, respect, and mutual healing.
This adaptation features Kate Winslet as the voice of Black Beauty. Game of Thrones’ Iain Glen also stars, alongside Claire Forlani and Calam Lynch.
Sewell’s novel has been adapted quite a few times before. The most recent Black Beauty film before this one debuted in 1994. In that movie, Alan Cumming voices the title character. (If you want to watch both movies and compare, the 1994 version is currently streaming on Amazon Prime.)
Black Beauty hits Disney+ on Friday, November 27.
More Coming to Disney+
Want more to watch? Here are the other titles coming to Disney+ Thanksgiving weekend:
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- The Adventures of Yellow Dog: Far From Home
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom (Season 3)
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
- Party Animals (Season 1)
- Alaska: Port Protection
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse (“House of Tomorrow” and “Hard to Swallow”)
- The Mandalorian (Episode 205: “Chapter 13”)
Meanwhile, check back to THS for more updates on titles coming to streaming.