Are you ready to kick ass and chew bubble gum? They Live is one of John Carpenter’s true masterpieces. It was a bomb at it’s original release in 1988. Through the years it’s garnered the cult classic status that it deserves. The movie has had some pretty excellent home video releases. Now, we’re getting another in that long line of greatness from Scream Factory. Scream Factory for the uninitiated is the horror branch of Shout Factory.
For this release they’re giving you five different options for the various packages. Ranging from just the standalone release to one with a poster and a NECA action figure of Keith David’s character Frank. You can check out the packages here.
This figure is exclusive to Shout Factory and will not be available anywhere else. It’s limited to 4000 units. In the most expensive bundle, you get the 4K Blu-ray version of the film, the figure, a poster, and a vinyl of the movie’s soundtrack. This vinyl is limited to 2500 units.
New Bonus Features On They Live
- NEW 7.1 Dolby Atmos audio
- In Dolby Vision (HDR Compatible)
- Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Actor Roddy Piper
- Independent Thoughts – An Interview With Writer/Director John Carpenter
- Man Vs. Aliens – An Interview With Actor Keith David
- Woman Of Mystery – An Interview With Actress Meg Foster
- Watch, Look, Listen: The Sights & Sounds Of They Live – A look At The Visual Style, Stunts And Music With Director Of Photography Gary B. Kibbe, Stunt Coordinator Jeff Imada, And Co-Composer Alan Howarth
- Original EPK: The Making Of They Live
- Footage From Commercials Created For The Film
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
I know I’ll be preordering this one as soon as I can. It’s up for preorder right now and releases December 8th, 2020. If you’re a fan of Carpenter, this is an absolute must.
So, what do you think of this new 4K They Live bundle?
For more on John Carpenter, They Live, horror, or any other general pop culture, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.