Attention Disney+ subscribers: Mark your calendars for November 12.
That’s when the Walt Disney Company will host its first-ever Disney+ Day. The global celebration will feature a ton of new content releases, along with specials and sneak peeks on what’s to come for the streaming platform.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” said Bob Chapek, Disney CEO. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”
The content rolling out on Disney+ Day will feature premieres across all its popular brands, from Marvel and Star Wars to Pixar and National Geographic. Check out the full list of premieres, specials, and events below.
Disney+ Day Special Content
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings”
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film “Jungle Cruise,” available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie “Home Sweet Home Alone,” a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called “Olaf Presents,” which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios, including “Frozen Fever“; Oscar®-winning shorts “Feast” and ”Paperman”; Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, “Get A Horse!” and more
- An animated short film “Ciao Alberto” from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film “Luca”
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- “Dopesick,” an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Additional Launch News
Disney+ Day will also mark a significant expansion for the streaming platform. Disney+ will launch in South Korea and Taiwan on November 12, then in Hong Kong November 16.
More premieres, news, and offers will be announced for Disney+ Day as the November draws nearer, so check back to THS for more updates.