Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of the most cherished and loved films of the 1980’s. It was a revelation then, and it still is to this day. Somehow feeling as special as the day we all watched it, the film has lived on. Now, for the first time in 4K UHD, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is getting the best possible picture and sound quality upgrade. It releases December 7th, 2021 and in addition to the normal version, BestBuy has an exclusive limited edition SteelBook.
If you haven’t seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit in a while or need a refresh, here’s the synopsis:
“This ain’t no cartoon, ya know!” It’s the hilarious cult classic combining rousing live-action and spectacular animation. 1947 Hollywood: Detective Eddie Valiant is hired to prove that mogul Marvin Acme is fooling around with femme fatale Jessica Rabbit, wife of cartoon superstar, Roger Rabbit. But when Acme is murdered … Roger is the prime suspect.
The half-animated, half-live-action film noir inspired film comes with some pretty strong special features as well.
The Special Features Of Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Filmmakers’ Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by filmmakers Bob Zemeckis, Frank Marshall, Steve Starkey, Jeff Price, Peter Seaman and Ken Ralston.
- The Roger Rabbit Shorts
- Tummy Trouble – The accident-prone Roger Rabbit faces new perils when he is left to baby-sit for the mischievous Baby Herman.
- Roller Coaster Rabbit – Mother takes Baby Herman to the State Fair, and leaves him with Roger Rabbit so she can visit the psychic (fortune-teller).
- Trail Mix-Up – Roger Rabbit returns in an all-new outdoor adventure that finds the irrepressible Toon star on a hilarious, disaster-filled camping trip.
- Deleted Scene
- The Pig Head Sequence – Judge Doom and the weasels teach Eddie Valiant a lesson in a way that only Toontown can. With intro by director Robert Zemeckis.
- Who Made Roger Rabbit – A behind-the-scenes making of, hosted by Charles Fleischer, the voice of Roger Rabbit.
- Before and After – Split screen comparison reveals the unbelievable talent of the live-action actors, animators and the special effects.
- Toon Stand-Ins – Watch as the cast rehearse with life size stand-ins for the toons.
- Behind the Ears: The True Story of Roger Rabbit – An in-depth, behind-the-scenes documentary.
- On Set! Benny the Cab – The making of a scene from the movie.
This is definitely a release that you don’t want to miss. So grab Who Framed Roger Rabbit on 4K UHD when it releases this December 7th, 2021.
For more on 4K or Blu-ray releases, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.