It’s getting close to Disneyland’s opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, but later this year, Disney’s California Adventure is getting in on the Halloween fun.
This year, Mickey’s Halloween Party, which is usually at Disneyland, is instead holding the Oogie Boogie Bash. This new separate ticket event will be happening select nights in September and October. And it will be included for the Halloween Time celebration at the Disneyland Resort.
Highlights for this new Halloween event include:
- “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek will be tricked out in a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- Immersive Treat Trails – Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
- DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
- Mickey’s Trick and Treat show – Perfect for young guests, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!
The official dates for the party are:
- Sept. 17
- Sept. 19
- Sept. 22
- Sept. 24
- Sept. 26
- Sept. 29
- Oct. 1
- Oct. 3
- Oct. 6
- Oct. 8
- Oct. 10
- Oct. 13
- Oct. 15
- Oct. 17
- Oct. 20
- Oct. 22
- Oct. 24
- Oct. 27
- Oct. 29
- Oct. 31
Early Sale Tickets for Disneyland Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Disney Visa Cardholders is on April 23rd. General Public Tickets go on sale the end of the month on April 30th. You can get tickets on the Disneyland website, at the Resort maingate, or by calling the resort.
Source: Disney Parks Blog