Last month, Netflix revealed that Robert De Niro would take on his first TV regular role in the upcoming series Zero Day. Today, the streamer revealed the extended cast for the show. The principal cast will include Lizzy Caplan, Jesse Plemons, Connie Britton, and Joan Allen.
Zero Day asks the question on everyone’s mind — how do we find truth in a world in crisis, one seemingly being torn apart by forces outside our control? And in an era rife with conspiracy theory and subterfuge, how much of those forces are products of our own doing, perhaps even of our own imagining?
The conspiracy thriller will be a six-episode limited series. Check out the new details for each of the characters below:
- Lizzy Caplan as Alexandra Mullen: A young Congresswoman trying to distance herself from her father’s political legacy.
- Jesse Plemons as Roger Carlson: Former Mullen “body man” seeking a return to the national stage alongside Mullen.
- Joan Allen as Sheila Mullen: Former First Lady and nominee to the federal bench whose professional ambitions take a backseat to her husband’s political career.
- Connie Britton as Valerie Whitesell: A savvy, intelligent political operative who was Mullen’s former Chief of Staff.
- Robert De Niroas George Mullen: A massively popular, but complicated, former American President pulled from retirement to head a commission tasked with investigating a devastating global cyber-attack.
Eric Newman, a Netflix veteran (The Watcher, Narcos), teamed with Noah Oppenheim (Jackie, The Maze Runner) on the drama. The two serve as co-creators and co-executive producers on the series. De Niro also executive produces.
Netflix will announce additional cast members in the future. At this time, the series doesn’t have a release date. So, check back to THS for more updates.