In creating hype for the reboot of Quantum Leap, NBC has announced Quantum Leap Day which will take place on Thursday, September 15th!
WHAT IS QUANTUM LEAP DAY?!
The idea of Quantum Leap Day is to transport Los Angeles consumers back to 1983. Which just happens to be the backdrop year for the series premiere. Quantum Leap Day will include a drive-through experience followed by the opportunity to get gas for only .91 cents a gallon! Shocker, this was the average price for gasoline in 1985! *while supplies last.
Here’s all the info!
Quantum Leap Drive-Through, Check-In, and Gas Station Experience:
Location: Avalon Parking Lot, 1749 N. Vine Street
Date: September 15, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM PT
· Guests enter the Avalon Parking Lot. Then, drive through the Quantum Accelerator taking the leap back to 1985. There they will be immersed in everything 1980s from tunes and trivia to break dancers, snacks, and swag
· Following the drive-through experience in the check-in lot, guests will receive a pass to enter the nearby gas station
· In order to receive access to the gas station, participants must complete the drive-through experience and receive a registered pass
· Guests will be directed in groups from the check-in lot to the gas station with their registered pass
· At the gas station, guests can fill their tank for .91 cents a gallon, up to 10 gallons – all 3 gas types and diesel accepted
· Discounted gas is available first come, first serve while supplies last, rain or shine
· No lining up prior to activation start time
· No walk-ups, RVs, large buses, or gas cans
· No vehicle greater in length than 20 feet. No motor trucks or truck tractors
· Drivers must be 18+ and have a current valid driver’s license, registration, and insurance to participate
· Passengers under the age of 18 must be with a parent or legal guardian
MOVIE TICKETS FOR $3.55?!
Another perk of the event?! Quantum Leap is teaming up with Fandango offering nationwide moviegoers the chance to purchase a movie ticket online for the 1984-style price of $3.55! *while supplies last.
· On Thursday, September 15, NBC is offering a ticket to the ’80s, with a special promotional code, enabling fans to buy a movie ticket for $3.55.
· The promo code may be redeemed on Fandango starting Thursday, September 15, 2022, while supplies last.
· The promo code will publicly be distributed on www.quantumleapday.com on September 15, 2022, at 9 am PT.
For more information on Quantum Leap Day and for full terms and conditions visit www.quantumleapday.com.
About Quantum Leap:
It’s been nearly 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now, a new team, led by physicist Ben Song (Raymond Lee), has been assembled to restart the project in hope of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.
Everything changes, however, when Ben makes an unauthorized leap into the past, leaving the team behind to solve the mystery of why he did it. At Ben’s side throughout his leaps is Addison (Caitlin Bassett), who appears in the form of a hologram only Ben can see and hear. She’s a decorated Army veteran who brings level-headed precision to her job.
At the helm of the highly confidential operation is Herbert “Magic” Williams (Ernie Hudson), a no-nonsense career military man who has to answer to his bosses who won’t be happy once they learn about the breach of protocol. The rest of the team at headquarters includes Ian Wright (Mason Alexander Park), who runs the Artificial Intelligence unit “Ziggy,” and Jenn Chou (Nanrisa Lee), who heads up digital security for the project.
As Ben leaps from life to life, putting right what once went wrong, it becomes clear that he and the team are on a thrilling journey. However, Addison, Magic, Ian, and Jenn know that if they are going to solve the mystery of Ben’s leap and bring him home, they must act fast or lose him forever.
Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, will produce in association with I Have an Idea! Entertainment, Belisarius Productions, and Quinn’s House Productions.