Six Flags Fright Fest is an institution for the Southern California Haunt goer. It’s been around forever and continues to strike fear into the hearts of anyone who chooses to attend. This year, for the 29th Haunt, it starts on select nights from September 10th all the way until October 31st. That’s 23 bone-chilling nights of fright for guests to enjoy.
Fright Fest boasts 14 Haunted Houses and Scare-Zones and at Six Flags Magic Mountain, the lights are going off on the roller coasters once again. During the day, BooFest is a family-friendly haunt during the day with a Trick Or Treat Trail in Bugs Bunny World.
Park President Don McCoy had this to say about the festivities:
We couldn’t be more excited to bring this legacy Halloween event back to the park. Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest is upping the scare factor with an all-new haunted house, two new scare zones, an eerie new show, plus a new haunted happy hour and buffet. Spooky season is back in Los Angeles, and Fright Fest is the scariest event in town!Don McCoy
You’re here to see about the Scare-Zones and Haunted Houses for the year though, and Fright Fest is DELIVERING.
New Highlights For Fright Fest
- Truth or Dare – A haunted facility that leaves guests questioning their every move, with never-before-done scares and effects in a warped game of Truth or Dare. Located near Full Throttle;
- Devil’s Triangle – The deepest, darkest depths of the ocean haunted by the many souls lost to the Devil’s triangle, who prey on guests as they enter the park;
- CarnivHELL – One of the largest scare zones in the park featuring the carnivorous band of carnies from a once-thriving circus. Located in Bugs Bunny World, step right up and enter if you dare;
- The Rising – An ominous show set on the remains of a sunken pirate ship revealing the battle of good versus evil and the power of the demonic Devil’s Claw. Located in the Devil’s Triangle; and
- Spirits with Spirits – An evening of monstertainment featuring music, spirits of both natures, and devilish treats located in the West Picnic Pavilion. Plus, don’t miss other ghoulish grub only available during Fright Fest at select locations around the park.
Returning Haunted Houses
- Willoughby’s Resurrected is where evil spirits roam the once-affluent Willoughby’s Family mansion;
- Condemned – Forever Damned is full of horrific haunts of a dilapidated home where the walls are alive and the spirits of those who once lived there unleash their fury on anyone who dares enter;
- Vault 666 Unlocked is where demonic relics are locked in a dark and sinister antique shop, casting spells and haunting those who try and steal them;
- Sewer of Souls takes guests into an underground world of lost souls and terrifying tunnels where evil oozes; and
- Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising is the region’s largest outdoor maze, covering more than 40,000 square feet where the spirits of the dead and the near-dead inhabit a post-apocalyptic city with larger-than-life props, fire, fog, and other special effects.
Scare Zones For Fright Fest
- The Deadzone unleashes a renegade group of cyberpunk zombies that feed on unsuspecting visitors;
- Terror Rising – Dark Developments haunts guests for all eternity as their worst nightmares rise up from the depths of hell and prey on the innocent who dare to enter this abandoned cemetery;
- City Under Siege is full of clowns who are loose and running rampant through the streets;
- TERRORtory Twisted is home to steam-spewing mechanical beasts who relentlessly hunt down their victims;
- Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy is where childhood favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist; and
- Exile Hill makes guests freak out when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning.
Spooktacular Shows On Display
- Unleashed located in City Under Siege, takes place at 7:00pm nightly when the monsters of Fright Fest break free;
- VooDoo Nights returns where ghoul rock goes pop with today’s hits. Guests will want to dust off those thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza.
Fright Fest Days Of Operation
Fridays: September 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28
Saturdays: September 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Sundays: September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Monday: October 31
You can get all the information and buy tickets at Six Flags website: https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
For more on Theme Parks, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.