Ghost just recently released their fifth studio album, “Impera” to universal acclaim from critics and fans alike. Now, commercial success is following that wave of good reviews. The band and their new album have landed on the Top 20 charts in 10 countries across the world. The charting is the highest position and most countries they’ve ever had a record in.
One of the only countries they haven’t set a new personal record in is their homeland of Sweden and Norway. Here are the week-end chart locations for Impera.
- Germany: #1 (the band’s highest-ever position in Germany)
- Sweden: #1
- U.K.: #2 (the band’s highest-ever position in the UK)
- Netherlands: #2 (the band’s highest-ever position in The Netherlands)
- Belgium: #2 (the band’s highest-ever position in Belgium)
- Norway: #2
- Australia: #3 (the band’s highest-ever position in Australia)
- France: #5 (the band’s highest-ever position in France)
- Ireland: #5 (the band’s highest-ever position in Ireland)
- Italy: #20 (the band’s highest-ever position in Italy)
That’s a pretty strong indication of how huge this album has been for Ghost. Fans are heaping praise on the album and the direction that they’ve taken musically. The band has taken that new popularity and turned it into a performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!. Check out the video below of them playing “Call Me Little Sunshine”!
Ghost kick off the European leg of the Imperatour in Manchester, United Kingdom on Saturday, April 9th and continue across the continent hitting more of the UK, Netherlands, France, Germany, Finland, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, and ending in Hungary. Grab tickets from Ghost’s website, right here. Check out our video review of Impera right here.
For more on metal, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.