Another week, another episode of Killing Eve to scream about on the internet. Episode 4 was my favorite of the final season so far!
You can check out my spoiler-free review of “It’s Agony and I’m Ravenous” here before you dive into my live reactions below.
**Note: The Killing Eve airing schedule can be a little confusing, as AMC+ subscribers are a week ahead of cable viewers. To share content for everyone and to prevent the biggest spoilers, I’m dropping spoiler-free reviews when episodes air on AMC+, and spoilery live blogs the following week when the episode airs on cable. So, this week’s content will include a live blog for KE 404, and a review for KE 405.
Killing Eve 404 “It’s Agony and I’m Ravenous” Thoughts
- Villanelle in jail again 🙁
- Helene making Eve go across town so she can dramatically light up a stage does feel like a very Villanelle thing to do.
- And she really did bring dessert too.
- Eve is freaking LOVING her power play here. Look how cocky she looks stretched out on this stage.
5. “ON THE SUBJECT OF EXES I HEAR YOU’VE HAD A BUSY NIGHT”
7. Stop touching her hand like Villanelle did!!!!
8. Lol Konstantin stuck with his new minion
9. Konstantin is talking to Pam almost exactly like Villanelle talked to Felix last season.
10. “Push the woman in the sea!” Is this really the top-tier assassin training of The Twelve, or has Konstantin just worked with Villanelle too long?
11. Aw I feel bad for poor Pam. She’s just a weird kid who needs therapy.
12. PLEASE EVE’S DOING AN ENGLISH ACCENT
13. (Check off another item from the Villanelle playbook.)
14. Nice ride, Carolyn.
15. OH SHIT SHE KIDNAPPED
16. (I mean that’s exactly what I thought would happen when she went to Cuba but still)
17. Konstantin trying to one-up Helene and immediately losing lol. Sorry bud you’re just not on the same level of unhinged as these women.
18. VILLANELLE AND CAROLYN TIME!!! Hell yeah!
19. “For future reference, I hate surprises.” An iconic line to be murdered after honestly. What great last words.
20. A WRENCH?! IS THIS VIN DIESEL IN THE FAST AND FURIOUS?
21. Oh shit Carolyn met Oksana back in the orphanage? Is this for real or is she making things up to save herself?
22. SHE IS JUST CHILLING WITH THE WRENCH NOW
23. Damn dude even Carolyn knows Villanelle isn’t herself right now. Even after getting whacked with a wrench she still knows V is off.
24. “You were gifted from birth. Killing is primal. It’s what nature intended.” My first thought was after all this, I can’t believe CAROLYN of all people is about to be the one to help Villanelle get her groove back. But thinking about it, it does actually make sense? Carolyn doesn’t seem to revel in violence and death like Eve and Villanelle do, but her responses to it are still far from “normal.” I don’t think she cares about Villanelle as a person, but she has always respected her abilities.
25. “Why waste your time being good when you can do what you’re good at?” Villanelle tried Eve, Jesus, and therapy, and the whole time the real validation she needed was Carolyn Martens.
26. Benita, my beloved. Please let nothing happen to this woman.
27. “If you think this is lovely you must have a very sad life.” Love this unnecessarily savage French shop owner.
28. Helene quadruple-texting Eve has Villanelle S2 energy.
29. Happy to see Villanelle happy again but my squeamish self does not need all this finger stuff.
30. Carolyn and Villanelle hanging out on a stakeout!!! Truly this is content I didn’t know I needed.
31. TRUTH OR DARE?!
32. I feel like I want Carolyn and Villanelle to just meet up sporadically for lunches, half of which are taken in complete silence with neither of them speaking to one another at all, and the other half are them exchanging their bizarre but overlapping commentary on society.
33. Villanelle’s sarcastic “God is good”, amazing. This episode has been really funny so far.
34. (Also not to get too deep on this clearly light moment BUT I sure am reading into the significance of Villanelle choosing “truth” in this game. Like S1 Villanelle would definitely choose dare, or would only pick truth with the express intention of telling an elaborate lie instead. S4 Villanelle genuinely wants someone to talk to about herself and her feelings, which really shows how much she’s grown and changed.)
35. Carolyn previously asking Eve why she’s obsessed with Villanelle and then asking Villanelle the same question as soon as she gets the chance… She’s like “do I ship Villaneve or do I just want to examine their weird little brains under a microscope?” and either way she’s valid.
36. Okay but Carolyn dismissing a therapist’s idea that Villanelle only likes Eve as a power thing is also lowkey being a wingwoman to their relationship, right?
37. Nooo not a plot interruption! Now we’re never gonna know what Villanelle would have dared Carolyn!
38. Killing Eve: We’re working on pulling together the threads on an international spy/assassination ring with serious implications for the world after four seasons of buildup
Killing Eve fans: I know but we actually just want to watch Carolyn and Villanelle play Truth or Dare for 40 minutes and then maybe prank call Eve
39. “Shall I chase him?” Literal dog with a bone energy lol.
40. DID HELENE JUST BOOTY CALL (TEXT) EVE?
41. “I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE A BATH”
43. Eve’s face is like “how do I get myself into these situations?”
44. Okay we’re really doing this huh. Eve’s gonna hang out with Helene in the bath huh.
45. ARMY OF FEMBOTS
46. (The Twelve definitely has male assassins though. I guess we’re just talking specifically about the people Helene recruits? Did she recruit Felix? I don’t remember.)
47. SOS EVE IS TAKING OFF HER SHIRT.
49. SHE GOT IN THE BATH OMFG
50. Please this is awkward and not in the way I expected. This face of IMMEDIATE regret killed me
51. “I made soup” INCREDIBLE
52. I can’t believe Helene and Eve both played gay chicken and both lost lol
53. VILLANELLE DARING CAROLYN TO DO AIR GUITAR. And Carolyn immediately responding “No, that’s pointless.” 10/10, on point characterization, I laughed out loud.
54. Fiona Shaw air guitar QUEEN.
55. Wow, Villanelle just apologized for trying to kill Carolyn. I think that may be the first time she’s ever said sorry like that.
56. Oh, of course Helene’s (conveniently withheld) news is that she broke Villanelle out of jail.
57. “The actual definition of passion is to suffer.” I feel the writers are speaking directly to the fans waiting for Villaneve to hook up and I don’t like it! I am concerned! We’ve suffered for 3.5 seasons now Ms. Neal I’m hoping for something more here!
58. “It delights you. This is what you want” HELENE GETS IT
59. Holy shit is Eve going to kiss her?
61. She did the face grab like she did to Villanelle HHHHHHHH
62. HOLY SHIT SHE ACTUALLY DID IT SHE ACTUALLY FUCKING KISSED HER OH MY GOD. EVE!!
63. I know the show’s been toeing the edge with them but I did NOT think this would actually happen!
64. WHO intercut Eve kissing Helene with Villanelle looking sad?? I am going to commit a murder
Final Thoughts on “It’s Agony and I’m Ravenous”
Okay, I know the show’s been toying with the Eve/Helene dynamic for a while now, but I did NOT think it was going to go this far! I feel like Villanelle getting stabbed in S1 – I knew you could, Eve, but I didn’t think you would!!
I’m really excited for what this means for Eve moving forward though. I feel like she’s slowly cutting off all her previous avenues that let her make excuses about her feelings for Villanelle. She’s split up with Niko, so she can’t pretend like she wants to save her marriage. She officially “caught” Villanelle in episode 3 and turned her in – so she can’t be driven by just the thrill of the cat-and-mouse chase. She “won” their game.
Now, Eve’s doing a whole power play thing with Helene – and even kissed her in the process – but it’s still not replacing what she has with Villanelle. Just look at her face after the kiss – it’s nothing like when she looks at Villanelle! (As always, INCREDIBLE acting by Sandra Oh.)
What I mean to say is all this has to be happening to finally push Eve and Villanelle together, right? That’s the most logical conclusion… RIGHT?
(Also, Villanelle and Carolyn hanging out is everything I never knew I needed.)
So, that’s all for now. Stay tuned for my spoiler-free review of 405 tomorrow – it’s a doozy.