With increased vaccinations allowing for more safe gatherings, event organizers are looking to move back to hosting in-person conventions. Today ReedPop, the organizers behind several major conventions, announced in-person convention dates for fall/winter of 2021, as well as new safety measures.
Here are the dates for all the in-person conventions ReedPop will host later this year:
- Florida Supercon, Miami Beach Convention Center: September 10-12
- New York Comic Con, Javits Center: October 7-10
- Emerald City Comic Con, Washington State Convention Center: December 2-5
- C2E2, McCormick Place: December 10-12
ReedPop notes that these events are subject to change as state and local health guidelines are adjusted. But for now, the plan is for these cons to move forward.
Of course, they will do so with additional health and safety measures put in place, including reduced capacity and mask wearing. You can read the full list of precautions in ReedPop’s statement below. They will also include virtual con options for each event through FindtheMetaverse.com.
ReedPop Statement of Safety Measures
- We will be running all our shows with reduced capacity. With our new safety precautions in place, attendance and badges will be very limited so that we can ensure physical distancing. We’re working closely with each convention center to determine how many people are permitted in the building every day and at a given time.
- We are requiring approved face coverings for all individuals attending our events, including our exhibitors and staff. They must be worn at all times within our venues. For more information, you can visit the FAQ pages on each of our show websites.
- Temperature screening upon entry will be required to enter our events. Anyone with an elevated temperature will not be permitted to enter the event.
- We will have increased sanitization and cleaning with enforced physical distancing throughout the event.
- We have also adopted a firm no handshakes, no high-fives, no hugs policy. We’re all going to have to get very smooth and cool-looking at either the elbow bump or air high-fives. Please start practicing now.