Like most of their big projects, Netflix has been keeping details about its upcoming Sandman series closely under wraps.
Now, fans can finally start envisioning their favorite characters from Neil Gaiman’s graphic novels on screen. Here’s the cast for the live-action adaptation:
- Tom Sturridge as Dream (aka Morpheus), Lord of the Dreaming
- Gwendoline Christie as Lucifer, Ruler of Hell
- Vivienne Acheampong as Lucienne, chief librarian and trusted guardian of Dream’s realm
- Boyd Holbrook as The Corinthian, an escaped nightmare who wishes to taste all that the world has in store
- Charles Dance as Roderick Burgess, charlatan, blackmailer and magician
- Asim Chaundry as Abel and Sanjeev Bhaskar as Cain, the first victim and the first predator, residents and loyal subjects of the Dream Realm
The Sandman is a rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy which seamlessly interweaves contemporary fiction, historical drama, and legend. The series follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he mends the cosmic — and human — mistakes he’s made during his vast existence.
Gaiman, who penned the comic series, says he’s excited to see his characters brought to life by Netflix.
“For the last thirty-three years, the Sandman characters have breathed and walked around and talked in my head. I’m unbelievably happy that now, finally, they get to step out of my head and into reality. I can’t wait until the people out there get to see what we’ve been seeing as Dream and the rest of them take flesh, and the flesh belongs to some of the finest actors out there. This is astonishing, and I’m so grateful to the actors and to all of The Sandman collaborators — Netflix, Warner Bros., DC, to Allan Heinberg and David Goyer, and the legions of crafters and geniuses on the show — for making the wildest of all my dreams into reality,” said Gaiman.