Paramount+ will be ViacomCBS’s answer to streaming services like Disney+, Peacock, and HBO Max. At least, when we finally get to see what it’s like.
The streaming service formerly known as CBS All Access will rebrand itself as Paramount+ starting in March 4, 2021. Why, you might ask? Well, apparently, ViacomCBS (CBS Interactive’s parent company) feels that CBS All Access isn’t offering enough content. Thus, the rebranding is to allow ViacomCBS’s other brands to have their chance to shine.
What are these other brands, you might ask? Apparently, movies and shows from Paramount Pictures, Domestic Media Networks, and Pluto TV will be lumped in with CBS All Access. For the record though, Paramount+ will only be available in the USA and Latin America when it launches. So if you live anywhere else…well, you just have to hope that ViacomCBS will expand to your region in the future.
A Paramount+ Sampling
To celebrate the occasion, Paramount+ will launch a couple of their original shows on the streaming service when it goes live. These shows include:
- The Offer: a making-of documentary for The Godfather film trilogy.
- Lioness: a spy drama by the creator of Yellowstone, where a US Marine is apparently supposed to seduce the daughter of a local terrorist leader to bring the whole network down.
- MTV’s Behind the Music – Top 40: a making-of documentary for 40 separate music artists. I guess you’ll like this if you’re really into music.
- The Real Criminal Minds: a “true crime docuseries”.
- A yet-untitled revival of The Game: a romantic comedy-drama about a woman who gives up her career to support her football star boyfriend.
Paramount+ will go live on March 4, 2021 in the USA and Latin America. The streaming service will replace CBS All Access, lumping it in with other ViacomCBS brands. They will also debut a couple of their original shows to celebrate the occasion. If you have any interest in any of these shows, you might want to mark that date on your calendar.
Source: Comic Book