The Playstation owners out there got the first look with the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta. It wasn’t a resounding success with players still facing connection issues and some other problems. As with a beta test, this is why they’re doing it though. Call of Duty games face similar issues around the time of launch each year though. They get ironed out, and the game is better for it. This time around, we have two beta weekends though. So the second one is crossplay. So you’re going to be hopping on against PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4 players.
Here are some of the changes that they’ve made from the first weekend to this upcoming one.
Changes To The Beta Across All Platforms
- Adjusted tuning on the Duster Stock attachment to prevent faster sliding than intended
- Increased the cooldown on the Spy Plane to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Increased TDM score limit from 75 to 100 for better match pacing.
- Updated the Assassin Perk description for clarity.
- Slightly reduced the damage output of the Milano 821 SMG.
- Adjusted conditions for joining in progress to prevent players from joining matches that are about to end.
- Moved VIP Escort exclusively to the Featured playlist.
- Fixed an issue where a controller could become unresponsive when loading into a match.
- Fixed an issue with multiple Optics being misaligned in ADS and blocking the player’s view, including Snappoint, Diamondback, and Hawksmoor attachments.
- Fixed a bug where players would get “UI Error 66156” when selecting “Add Activision Friends” from the Recent Players menu.
- Fixed an issue where other players’ names were not visible in the pre-match lobby.
- Fixed crashes that could occur during the Best Play in a VIP Escort match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while selecting Operators in the front-end menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a SAM Turrent missile hit a target when the turret was destroyed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a Gunboat was beached for too long.
Did you hop on the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta last weekend? What were your thoughts? Leave a comment or check out That Gaming Show on Facebook for more info on the game.
For more on gaming, the Call of Duty beta, or any other general pop culture, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.