We are two weeks out from the next Dungeons And Dragons book releasing. While you’ll get to explore the world that Critical Role created for their current campaign, the next book you get to travel back to the world of Magic: The Gathering. Recently, The Theros: Beyond Death cards released from Magic: The Gathering, and now you will get to explore that world this June.
Dungeons And Dragons and Magic: The Gathering are releasing Mythic Odysseys Of Theros. This new book is the second collaboration between both Wizards Of The Coast brands. The first collaboration was for the Guildmaster’s Guide To Ravnica.
This new book will take you inside MTG’s current storyline, and you will be able to choose new subclasses for your character, and get brand-new weapons as well.
Theros’s Official Description
The world’s most popular roleplaying game meets the world’s most popular trading card game in this campaign sourcebook, detailing the Magic: The Gathering world of Theros for use in Dungeons & Dragons.
Legends walk the lands of Theros, a realm shaped by deities and the deeds of heroes. From the temples of omen-speaking oracles to the five realms of the Underworld, the champions of the gods vie for immortal favor and a place among the world’s living myths.
Choose a supernatural gift that sets you on the path of destiny, align yourself with one of Theros’s fifteen gods, then carve a tale of odysseys and ordeals across the domains of mortals, gods, and the dead.
What legends will you challenge—mighty heroes, inevitable prophecies, or titans imprisoned by the gods? Where will destiny and immortal schemes lead you? And what tales will you leave behind, celebrated in the pantheon of myths and writ among the eternal stars?
The official press release reveals the following details about the new Dungeons and Dragons offering:
- Introducing supernatural gifts—abilities that set your character apart from the common throng. Mechanically similar to character races, each one gives your character a variety of traits.
- Select one of the new races for your character—such mythic peoples as the leonin or a satyr.
- New subclasses include the Bard’s College of Eloquence, masters of oratory; and the Paladin’s Oath of Heroism, an affirmation of destiny laid out for you by divine providence.
- Encounter mythic monsters, creatures whose power and renown are such that their names are truly living myths. More than simply legendary, these creatures have abilities that will create a challenge fit for the gods.
- Wield god-weapons, signature items of the gods that allow your character to stand apart from other heroes. These can be a gift from your deity or perhaps you boldly stole it from them in a bid for ultimate power.
Where To Purchase And Covers
This new book can be purchased from:
The book’s covers were also released. The main cover looks pretty incredible:
The newest D&D book is releasing June 2nd, 2020.