French independent developer Tactical Adventures announced it’s latest project, yesterday. The tactical, role-playing game Solasta: Crown of the Magister, is coming to Steam. Solasta: Crown of the Magister embraces the ruleset of the world’s greatest role-playing game where a player’s choice dynamically changes the adventure. The journey begins with creating a team of four explorers, selecting their race, class, background story, rolling for abilities and personal stats. Players will journey through the mystical realms of Solasta, unraveling a story that spans multiple worlds.
A dynamic and mysterious world…
The dynamic and mysterious world of Solasta features brand new elements of verticality. Thus, players are able to use their surroundings as an element of strategy. Want the high ground? you can have it; position ranged characters on high vantage points. Or, choose to send your thief down into shafts and caverns to scope out what’s ahead. Utilize light as a tool to explore the depths and hollows of dungeons. Conversely, you can use it as a weapon against the creatures of the dark. Solasta is a unique, team-based adventure. Each character plays a critical role in the campaign. Everyone can be a hero. Players must take advantage of each character’s strengths and weaknesses if they are to succeed.
Getting in on the action
Fans will also have the opportunity to get in on the adventure before it even starts. Tactical Adventures will launch its Kickstarter campaign at the end of summer. When it does, players will be able to back Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Kickstarter. Doing so you can link arms with the developers, join the Solasta community and be rewarded for doing so!
Watch the Behind the Scenes Dev Diary Trailer with Tactical Adventures HERE:
“Tactical Adventures is a small team comprised of Tabletop gamers, many of whom have been playing pen and paper games as well as D&D videogames for over 30 years,” says Mathieu Girard, founder of Tactical Adventures and Creative Director of the game. “We have always dreamed of creating our own game, so we set out to create Solasta, taking the best elements of our favorite games and enhancing and building upon them. Additionally, we have added new features such as light, verticality, team-based adventure, dice rolls, etc. We are using the actual rulesets from Tabletop games to finally bridge the gap between Pen and Paper and videogames.”
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Features:
- Verticality: Solasta is a three-dimensional world rather than a series of flat maps. You can explore locations by climbing walls, flying, teleporting, crawling through tunnels, finding secret passages, or falling through unstable ground, and allow the player to use the environment to take on encounters in multiple different ways.
- Team Based Adventure: Players will have many options to choose races, classes, backgrounds, and can even roll for stats as they create their party. All members are essential – together you will adventure through Solasta as a group, where you must work together in pursuit of your quest.
- Tactical CRPG: Players can handle each encounter in multiple ways. Will you use the high ground to strike your enemies from above as a Darkweaver Rogue, or shove your enemies into deep chasms as a Mountaineer Fighter? Your choices alone will determine the destiny of your party.
- Light: Light will not only help to see your surroundings as you explore deep underground or in a dungeon. It can also be used as a weapon against dragons and creatures you encounter along your journey. Careful, though – light can also give away your position.
- Created by Tabletop Players: Tactical Adventures is a team of highly experienced Tabletop players and veteran game developers who are passionate about the genre, striving to create the best Tactical RPG videogame
- Kickstarter: Tactical Adventures is giving players the opportunity to be heard by joining the community and backing Solasta on Kickstarter. The campaign will feature an amazing tiered reward system and the team is already working on a demo of the game.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister will be available to support and back on Kickstarter soon.