Adam Solo and Hugo Rosado of SpaceSector and Praxis Games are proud to announce that Interstellar Space: Genesis – their spiritual successor to Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares – is launching today on Steam, Humble, and itch.io!
In addition to the classic space 4X gameplay – perfected over an extended public Alpha throughout the past year – Interstellar Space: Genesis also features stirring visuals, nearly endless replayability, memorable alien species and locations, and a truly stellar soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth) and Neon Dolphin’s Ryan McQuinn.
You are among the latest, and perhaps the last, of the challengers to undertake this great journey into the stars. While the universe may be ancient, you and your rivals are still young. As you compete with others for control of the galaxy, participants far older and more powerful than you watch from a distance – their true intentions covered in shadows. It’s time for you to prove that your Empire deserves to rule this galaxy, once and for all. You may prove worthy after all, but worthy of what? It’s up to you.
ENGINES OF CREATION
“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
– Carl Sagan
At its core, Interstellar Space: Genesis is a turn-based space 4X strategy game in which you attempt to build a thriving galactic empire. Discover mysteries among the stars, colonize procedurally-generated worlds, and engage enemies in tactical turn-based combat on your journey to becoming Ruler of the Galaxy.
Interstellar Space: Genesis takes classic turn-based space 4X strategy mechanics, adds in a few twists of its own, and tosses in several brand-new mechanics to create a truly unique entry into the genre. The game’s classic 4X gameplay – featuring modern quality of life features – mostly avoids burdensome micromanagement, which has become a staple of 4X strategy titles.
“The day is finally here. We have worked so incredibly hard to get to this point – a finished game in the hands of everyone who has believed in the dream of Interstellar Space: Genesis. Hugo and I were raised on space 4X, in particular Master of Orion and Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares – so delivering an epic game in the same vein to strategy fans like us is thrilling beyond belief.”
– Adam Solo (Co-Founder, Praxis Games)
“I was always very serious about space, to the point of actually working in the European Space Agency and a private aerospace space company as well. Interstellar Space: Genesis is our gift to space 4X fans who wished for years on end for a modern take on Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares. Well, friends – the wait is over!”
– Hugo Rosado (Co-Founder, Praxis Games)
- Turn-based tactical combat with extensive ship customization and free space-based movement with range limits.
- Soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) and Ryan McQuinn (Lotia, Dungeons & Doritos, Call of Cthulhu Mystery Program, Liberty: Vigilance, Dark Dice).
- Custom alien races with specific planet types, unique leaders, and random tech trees for each civilization.
- Deep colony development, terraforming, and diplomacy systems.
- Varied exploration mechanics and freedom to define a civilization’s wants and needs.
- Complex economic model with asteroid mining, space tourism, and more!
Interstellar Space: Genesis is now available on Steam, itch.io, and Humble