Okay, so you can’t actually eat your favorite superheroes at SDCC 2019. Let’s face it, Deadpool would probably be a little gamey, anyway. If you’re looking for superhero, and even Star Wars themed food items, however…. While attending the event, head over to Theatre Box!
According to its press release, “Theatre Box®, the Gaslamp Quarter’s new luxury theatre, dining and entertainment complex, will introduce a menu for Comic-Con International inspired by new releases from Disney, Marvel and more, available Thursday, July 18 through Sunday, July 21.”
Eat your Favorite Superheroes!
The limited edition menu will feature the following items. Each is based on characters from Star Wars, Marvel, or DC:
- The Deadpool Wrap, a tomato tortilla filled with crispy chicken, romaine lettuce, parmesan, croutons and buffalo dressing;
- Do or Do Not Yoda Wrap, a spinach tortilla filled with turkey, bacon, tomato, lettuce, avocado and chipotle aioli;
- The Wonder Woman Salad, a mixture of quinoa, kale, tomato, cucumber, carrots, mint, basil and lemon vinaigrette;
- The Iron Fist Salad, made with farro, strawberries, baby arugula, goat cheese, shaved fennel, crispy shallots and balsamic vinaigrette;
- Captain America Burger, a certified Black Angus beef patty topped with Vermont white cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickles, crispy onions and Sugar Factory sauce sandwiched between blue brioche bun;
- Shazam! Hot Dog, topped with aged cheddar cheese and relish, served on a brioche bun;
- Hulk Sliders, Sugar Factory’s classic miniature burgers served on green buns with American cheese, crispy onions, Sugar Factory sauce and a take-home duckie.
The superheroes menu will be available at both Theatre Box’s full service restaurant. Likewise, you can partake of the menu at the TCL Chinese Theatre’s dine-in cinema.
If your not familiar with Theatre Box, here is how to venue describes itself:
ABOUT THEATRE BOX®
Encompassing one city block at Fifth Avenue and G Street, the 73,000-square-foot Theatre Box® complex, a collaboration between TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, Calif. and Sugar Factory, was inspired by the movie-going experience and a traditional theatre box filled with various treats. The first phase of Theatre Box unveiled TCL Chinese Theatre’s first luxury dine-in cinema, Sugar Factory confections, retail, gelato bar and café, Sugar Factory American Brasserie and Chocolate Lounge.”
For more information, visit theaterbox.com. We’ll see you in San Diego!