New Zealand-based indie game developer Lunar Rooster and Reverb Triple XP announced today that Sky Noon, the first person Smash-style shooter, has left Early Access and Version 1.0 is available now on Steam. In addition to all the air-powered weaponry and grappling hook madness, a new game mode called “Money Bags” has been added, as well as improvements to Duels and Time Trials.
To commemorate the full launch of the game, Sky Noon will available for the limited promotional price of $10.49 (30% off S.R.P.).
“Through all the ups and downs of making our first video game, we’re quite proud of what we achieved for Sky Noon,” states Craig Taylor, co-founder and lead programmer at Lunar Rooster. “We learned so much through this experience and hopefully gamers will enjoy playing Sky Noon as much as we had fun making it.”
Sky Noon game features at launch include:
- Weapons with a Big Blast: Make use of devices powered by super-compressed air to fling opponents off levels – knock them varmints straight to the moon!
- Lassos, Grappling Hooks, and Jump Pads… Oh My!: Freely move throughout the floating levels by using quick-firing grappling hooks. Take advantage of jump pads for quick long leaps and lasso cowboys back to levels. Additional items like teleporters and air-powered jet boots can give a tactical advantage or help escape a close brush with death.
- Online Multiplayer Mayhem: 2-8 players can jump into modes like Free For All, Team Deathmatch, and King of the Hill. Unique game modes to Sky Noon include:
- Cart: Use weapons, abilities and even the lasso to move a minecart towards the opposing team’s base to score points.
- Money Bags: Collect coins around the map to add to a player’s bank. Eliminate other players to steal their coins!
- Duels: Got a score to settle with a hateful hombre? Or maybe a friendly face-off with a friendly kemosabe? Jump into Duels, a special one-on-one gunfight, and select one of the maps tailored for the mode to see who is the quickest and who falls the furthest.
- Customizable Online Games: Personalize Sky Noon gunfights with over 50 different game server options. Pack more punch to melee attacks, remove random crates, turn on infinite ammo, increase spawn rates on all items, and much more.
- The Floating Frontier: Choose seven distinct levels; from the cozy Saloon town, the heights and hovering blimps of Towers, or the tornado dangers of Whirlwind – gamers will discover that unique level mechanics can be used to their advantage.
- Single Player Time Trials: Jump and swing through checkpoints in these time trials levels and compete for the top trial times. Time Trials have now been grouped into Leagues and completing a League will give players new grapple cosmetics!
- Character Customization: Are you the good sheriff in the ten-gallon hat or the man wanted in every county? Customize your look and show ‘em who is Best in the West.
- New Weapon Progression: Unlock up to eight new colors and styles for each of the air powered weapons, in addition to brand new unlockable models.
Named by Game Informer as one of the Best Indie Games at PAX East 2018*, Sky Noon takes place in a reinvented Wild West universe where the frontier floats among the clouds. Powerful factions crave to control the most precious resource in the West – water. Players take the role of hired gunslingers that battle opposing fighters across floating islands in the sky. There are no health meters in Sky Noon; instead, to eliminate enemies, players use various super-power compressed air weapons to send them flying out of their boot spurs! Grappling hooks and lassos are constantly used to prevent players from falling off into the great blue sky. Combined with other items like steam-powered jet boots, jump pads, teleporters, and more, cowboys need to be quick on the draw and light on their boots in the fast-paced, aerial mayhem of Sky Noon.