The final season of Tom Baker’s Doctor will be coming to Blu-ray on February 25, 2019*. Season Eighteen of the original run of Doctor Who is part of BBC Studios ‘classic’ box sets. The set will also include the 1981 pilot episode of K-9 and Company.
DOCTOR WHO – SEASON 18
Season Eighteen contained seven stories: ‘The Leisure Hive,’ ‘Meglos,’ ‘Full Circle,’ ‘State of Decay,’ ‘Warriors’ Gate,’ ‘The Keeper of Traken,’ and ‘Logopolis.’ In Logopolis, Tom Baker’s Fourth Doctor regenerated into Peter Davison’s Fifth Doctor. The episodes have been remastered by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres, who also remastered Doctor Who Season Nineteen. The packaging/artwork is designed by Lee Bindin, who has done multiple promotional pieces for Doctor Who.
BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES
Besides the remastered high-definition upscaled epsides, the box set has a bunch of new features:
- New commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward and Rachel Davies on State Of Decay)
- Behind-the-scenes footage from The Leisure Hive, Full Circle, and Logopolis
- Surround sound mix for Warriors’ Gate
- New special effects for Logopolis: new footage shot at the University of Manchester’s Jodrell Bank Observatory for the Pharos Project location (originally planned but unused).
- New Making-Of documentary for Logopolis
- More Behind The Sofa
- New documentaries: The Writers Room and Weekend With Waterhouse
- New interview with K-9 & Company’s Ian Sears
- More from the Panopticon convention archives with Tom Baker
- HD photo galleries, plus scripts, production files, and rare documentation provided as PDFs
- Plus: Previously released DVD features
- AND a booklet by new series writer and content consultant Pete McTighe
*Release dates are subject to change (and have for previous box sets)