We at Gingerdale: A Riverdale After Show, had the luxury of being inside Hall-H at SDCC for the Riverdale Panel! Here is everything you need to know! Riverdale season 3 is going to be a doozy! New character drama, old character drama, ALL THE DRAMA!
The trailer for season 3 gave us a sneak peak of what’s to come this fall and boy does it look CRAZY! It looks like we’re taking a trip to the farm to get help for Betty’s mother, Alice. And no trip to your neighborhood cult would be complete without creepy baby rituals. What is going on?!
The panel was hosted by Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos (Hiram Lodge) real-life wife. Coincidence? Maybe. Here is all the info you need!
- Season 3 begins 3 months after the epic events of the Season 2 finale. Betty will continue to try and get rid of her daddy issue (I mean, it’s gonna take time to get over your father being a murdered…just saying). However, Bughead will be the strongest they’ve ever been!
- Vanessa Morgan’s character has be upgraded to series-regular and will find herself in a rivalry with Josie!
- Show-runner, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, confirms Gladys and Jelly Bean HAVE BEEN CAST and will be joining their Riverdale family during episodes 8 & 9.
- Reggie will be starting up an unlikely romance during season 3, as well as working at Veronica’s new Speakeasy! Who do you think it is??
- The kids aren’t the only amazing storylines for season 3, the parents will be getting a flashback episode to give us an more in depth look at their relationships. Personally, I cannot WAIT to see a young Alice and FP in action.
- With the success of the Carrie: The Musical episode, Season 3 will bring us ANOTHER musical episode. The details about how it will come about were not revealed, but it’s coming…once more with feeling. Wait, wrong show.
Phew, that’s a lot! What are you most excited for in season 3? Comment and let me know!
Riverdale will return to the small screen Wednesday, October 10th on The CW! October cannot get here soon enough!!
Make sure to join us at Gingerdale to discuss the latest episodes and EXCLUSIVE announcements!