Hybrid Strategy Game from Former Epic Games and Marvel Studios Talent Combines Real-Time Strategy with Card Battler Elements for Fast-Paced Arcane Warfare
Laser Guided Games LLC — an independent developer made up of industry veterans from Epic Games — and Hollow Earth Inc., the studio responsible for character design in blockbuster Marvel films Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming and the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, are proud to officially launch today their dark fantasy real-time strategy game Golem Gates on Steam for Windows PC! Golem Gates is a wholly original strategy game set within a lore-rich world where players can experience a thrilling single-player campaign and go to war online with and against friends.
“We’re beyond excited to launch Golem Gates today and introduce a game that we feel will resonate with a variety of strategy game fans,” said Matt Oelfke, Founder and Lead Developer at Laser Guided Games. “Our four months in Steam Early Access enabled us to shape this original concept into an approachable yet layered experience that anyone can learn. We’re excited to say hello to new players and show existing owners of Golem Gates just what we’ve accomplished thanks to their help.”
“From the beginning, we knew that we wanted Golem Gates to stand out,” said Josh Nizzi, Head of Hollow Earth Inc. “Together Laser Guided Games and Hollow Earth crafted a game that not only has unique gameplay mechanics but is set within a world steeped in mystery and lore. Players are in for some big surprises throughout the campaign. We look forward to hearing what they think!”
Set within a desolate land ravaged by ancient wars, Golem Gates sees players embark on a quest for redemption as The Harbinger. He of unknown origin is an outcast in a world shrouded in living darkness, cursed by a corrupting force known as the Unbound. When a voice reaches from the unknown, The Harbinger awakes to learn his purpose: to destroy the Golem Gates. Imbued with power over The Ash — nanites which permeate the atmosphere — The Harbinger manifests a legion of war machines known as golems which he commands. Lead him to his destiny; end the reign of the Unbound, crush the Golem Gates and reclaim life itself.
Golem Gates uniquely combines real-time strategy with card battler elements for quick, accessible gameplay that emphasizes visceral combat without sacrificing player-driven strategy. Players collect cards (called Glyphs) and strategically weave them into a deck, enabling full customization of their unit and support loadouts ahead of battle. The Harbinger is a ruthless commander, meaning battles are fast-paced and require on-the-fly tactical decisions to decimate the opposition. In addition to an epic single-player campaign and remixed mission objectives in the form of Trials, players can take their glyph decks online in various competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes.
- Dynamic Diversity: Create your own unique battle plan to counter your opponents with nearly 100 collectible card game inspired Glyphs, including units, buildings, traps, buffs, debuffs and techs, that provide nearly limitless strategy options.
- Multiple Modes: Experience the evolving story of Golem Gates’ single-player campaign and take the fight online with friends in cooperative and survival-based modes.
- May the RNG Gods Smile Upon You: Randomized Glyph drawing puts a slightly different spin on every battle by eliminating monotonous build sequences, while rewarding deck building mastery and strategic planning chops in equal measure.
- Streamlined Strategy: Build and enhance your forces with Glyphs; no production or research buildings are needed. Capture resources in King of the Hill style skirmishes without dedicated gathering units and keep your focus where it belongs — on the battle.
- Fight Where You Have Sight: Glyphs can be played almost anywhere you have an existing presence. Add more forces to a battle to turn the tide, transform a scouting party into an army, place emergency defenses to respond to the enemy or hide an outpost in a direction the enemy doesn’t expect. The choices are yours but beware: the enemy will do the same and with the right Glyph, your forces can be destroyed as quickly as they were created.
Golem Gates is now available for purchase on Steam for Windows PC at a 20% off launch week sale price of $23.99 (from $29.99) at http://store.steampowered.com/