It’s being rumored that the alien shape-shifting race, the Skrulls, will be appearing in the upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix movie.
According to the X-Men fan site Universo X-Men, a source out of Montreal, Canada where X-Men: Dark Phoenix filmed is stating scenes involved the alien race known as the Skrulls:
- According to the info, the X-Men: Dark Phoenix Skrulls scene involves a surprise attack on a political event at the United Nations, which is hosting a discussion on mutants, with various groups of protestors on site protesting both against and in favor of them.
- It’s said the scene involves Professor X, Magneto, Cyclops and Jean Grey, who are surprised by the arrival of alien ships that start the attack.
- Apparently, Professor X will “freeze” civilians to avoid panic and mentally control some police officers who are in place to attack the invaders, who, according to the source, were clearly specified as the Skrulls.
- It’s further said in the scene that the actors wore motion-capture costumes, which means the Skrulls will be CGI.
- Cyclops and Professor X face the Skrulls who “prove to be strong, bouncing bombs and announcing destruction.”
- The battle will also involve locations around the United Nations building.
- As it’s a surprise attack, the X-Men are not wearing their uniforms, but are seen in civilian clothing.
The site also now speculates that Jessica Chastain will be playing the Queen Skrull (as Jessica Chastain has confirmed she is not playing Lilandra of the Shi’ar).
On a side note, in case you are wondering, both Fox Studios and Marvel Studios own the rights to the Skrulls (similar to how they share the rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver), but Fox Studios owns the rights to the individual Skrulls (i.e. Kl’rt the Super Skrull). The Skrulls are also set to show up in Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel movie.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix has a November 2, 2018 release written and directed by Simon Kinberg .