Developed by Primetime Emmy® Award-winning studio Secret Location, Blasters of the Universe challenges you to survive the wrath of the virtual god Grand Master Alwyn – an insecure man-child who was once the undisputed king of the local arcade. Shunned by the other kids and ignored by everyone else, Alwyn’s true friends were his stack of quarters and those ever-loyal arcade cabinets. Realizing that his absolute dominance in the arcade world would never be recognized by the people around him, he uploaded his consciousness into VR – transforming himself into Grand Master Alwyn, Virtual Space Lord.
Dodge intricate bullet patterns in full room-scale VR as you blast your way through an unrelenting onslaught of enemies with a customized weapon and shield loadout – picking and choosing from tons of parts and modifiers to make each weapon your own. Enjoy multiple full-featured campaign levels, go for a high score in Endless mode, and prepare yourself to enter devious boss battles in a neon-bathed world straight out of ‘90s VHS cover art … all in Virtual Reality!
Do you have what it takes to beat Grand Master Alwyn at his own game and take back VR?
* Narrative-driven Campaign mode with rich item and level unlock systems.
* Cross platform score-based Endless modes for each level. Extremely challenging gameplay that requires players to use every inch of their available space to try and set the best score possible.
* Constantly updating Challenge modes with unique gameplay that ensures there’s always something new and exciting to play every day.
* Intense first-person bullet hell gameplay – the first of its kind in VR. Dodge a barrage of bullets and battle tons of enemies in full room-scale.
* Customize your weapons with hundreds of possible combinations. Unlock new weapon parts as you progress!
* Engage in epic boss battles where survival is far from guaranteed.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Blasters of the Universe is arriving on the Oculus Store and Steam (HTC Vive) as a full title on Thursday, August 31 for only $12.74 (15% off). The game will return to its original $14.99 pricing a week after launch (September 7).
Blasters of the Universe is compatible with HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets – and it requires tracked motion controllers.