5 Things That Don’t Happen in Logan (Spoiler Alert!)
This is a comparison from the view of the movie and the comic books. Now I know most FOX movies have nothing to do with the comics, except for the characters themselves. This movie is no different.
- No Deadpool Team-Up: If you were hoping to see Wolverine and Deadpool go head to head, well, you’ll be left disappointed. You’ll be happy to see a cameo by Deadpool but, the cameo is more of a commercial for the next Deadpool film because surprise, surprise, FOX is dropping the ball. Not only does the cameo feel like a throwaway, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the Logan storyline.
- No X-23 Backstory: Throughout the movie we see Logan take on more of a role of a father figure, which is all well and good. But, I felt it would have been better for the viewer to see the struggles and tortures Laura (X-23) went through during her time with the Weapon X Program. Although, I will give FOX credit for showing that X-23 was a cutter due to her abuse. We don’t even know why she is named Laura.
- No Villians! The movie has one real antagonist and to be honest he was another throwaway. The villain Donald Pierce (played by Boyd Holbrook) has no super powers, no wit, and no real chance of going head to head with Logan.
- No Face Effects: All I truly wanted to see Logans face scrapped off and then have him look straight at the screen, only to head before our eyes. Unfortunately, we don’t get to see it. Wolverine’s healing factor is on the fritz and he’s unable to heal his wounds at times. It was disappointing to see his healing factor removed for the 2nd movie in a row. I don’t see why FOX can’t throw in a villain or hero that can actually kill Wolverine ( I don’t know who… MAYBE HIS SON! Daken).
- No Daken: So for this movie, I was hoping that maybe FOX would be creative and give us something that would at least hold its own weight against MARVEL but then again, it’s FOX. If this is not a post-apocalyptic world, I can see why they didn’t have factions of villains taking over the country(Deadpool gang would have been cool). If it was me, I would have had Weapon X raise Logan’s son and have him lead the charge to capture X-23. Much like X-23, Daken has two blades in each fist and one in each wrist(wrist blades are coated in a metal that stops the healing factor). I believe this would have made all the other missing elements forgettable.
With all that being said. Did I enjoy the film? Yes, I did. The movie doesn’t have as much depth as I would like but, the movie itself is a fun ride. It is awesome to hear wolverine talk the way he should (vulgarly). It is awesome to actually see his claws tear through his opponents. If you want a fun filled action flick you’ll be happy. If your looking for an accurate comic rendition then you may be left a little disappointed.